This isn't so much an advertisement, but a heads that at least one large company is doing their part to help our little pollinating pals. For the second year in a row, Häagen-Dazs has renewed their efforts with their "Help the Honey Bees" campaign to bring awareness to the bad situation that bees have been in in recent times.
Elements of the campaign include (from the company's press release):
- A second donation to UC Davis and Penn State Universities of $250,000. This brings the brand’s total donation for honey bee research to a half million dollars over two years.
- Continuation of the Häagen-Dazs brand’s public education efforts with:
- A special flavor, Vanilla Honey Bee, and all “bee-built” flavors (flavors that use at least one honey bee-pollinated ingredient) of ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt and bars proudly carry a HD loves HB® symbol and message under the lid.
- A full-scale awareness effort, coupled with unique print and online advertising.
- Part of the brand’s donation to UC Davis is being used to create a Häagen-Dazs Honey Bee Haven – a one-half acre bee-friendly demonstration garden coordinated by the California Center for Urban Horticulture. Visitors to the garden will be able to glean ideas on how to establish their own bee-friendly gardens and help to improve the nutrition of bees in their own backyards.
- An upgraded interactive website (www.helpthehoneybees.com) premiering in April with a focus on examples of how consumers have gotten involved in helping to save the hardworking honey bees.
So, maybe drop by the site and lend them some support. Tell them I sent you.